- Welded wire 2x2in 7x100ft roll with two-inch mesh, 16-gauge galvanized steel wire coated with black PVC (14 gauge after coating). This is a leading workhorse of welded wire fencing used for animal control. The mesh is still small enough to contain or exclude most animals and also plenty strong enough to contain or keep out larger animals including dogs and deer.
- Accordingly, use this welded wire fencing in areas where you want a strong low-visibility fence capable of dealing with a wide range of animals.
- This welded wire 2x2in 7x100ft fencing can be used to make strong deer fences. One does need to fold out and stake down 6 inches at the bottom to keep deer from nosing under the fence. This means that the fence will be 6 feet 6 inches tall, a height that has been found to exclude deer in most cases but one a little short of the 7-foot height that we consider both reliable and ideal for a deer fence. Alternatively, use it to create a 6-foot fence with a 1-foot staked down bottom fold. That will discourage groundhogs from digging under the fence and will also set up a fence that will generally exclude deer and strongly discourage groundhogs.
- This material also makes excellent dog fences. Strong enough to resist virtually all chewers, it can also be folded inward at the bottom of the fence (a one-foot fold is best) to discourage dogs that might be inclined to dig
- Other things being equal, black (technically the absence of color) is the least visible of all colors, so our black fencing is less visible than welded wire fencing that has not been coated in this manner. The black coating also provides some protection for the fencing underneath, but the main advantage is low visibility.
- This two-inch fencing is galvanized after welding, an important feature. It’s also salt spray approved and engineered for soil contact, so it works well in areas near the sea and underground.
Welded Wire 2×2-inch, 7×100 Feet
- Strong welded wire fencing, 2″ x 2″ mesh
- Hot-dip galvanized after welding
- Coated with black PVC
- 16-gauge steel wires before coating
- 14-gauge after coating
- Salt spray approved and engineered for soil to fence contact
- Estimated life 20-30 years
- 7 x 100-foot roll