- Welded wire 1×100 foot roll of fencing with half-inch mesh, galvanized steel wire coated with black PVC (17 gauge after coating). Use this welded wire fencing in areas where you want to keep out small animals and in places where you wish to bury the fencing underground.
- Other things being equal, black (technically the absence of color) is the least visible of all colors, so our black fencing is less visible than welded wire fencing that has not been coated in this manner. The black coating also provides some protection for the fencing underneath, but the main advantage is low visibility
- The half-inch mesh on this fencing is small enough to keep out most small critters – most snakes, moles, voles, baby rabbits, etc.
- It’s also salt spray approved and engineered for soil contact, so it works well in areas near the sea and underground. Use it to keep out burrowing critters that need confronting anywhere from a few inches to a foot underground.
- Use this as a rodent barrier at the bottom of deer or other fences protecting gardens or back yards. It’s also useful for blocking off areas under decks or protecting other areas where incursions by small animals need to be prevented.
- This welded wire 1×100 foot fencing is fairly expensive, so use it for applications where you need a relatively short length of fencing, and be sure that you really need it. Our one-inch welded wire fencing, which also comes in hundred-foot rolls, will keep out most small critters and costs less.
- This half-inch fencing consists of 19-gauge steel wires galvanized and coated with black PVC (17 gauge after coating).
- The galvanizing is done after welding (an important feature). This welded wire 1×100 foot fencing holds up well underground and is rated for up to 30 years of useful life.
Welded Wire, 1×100 Foot Roll, Half-inch Mesh
- 1 x 100-foot roll of strong welded wire fencing, 1/2″ x 1/2″ mesh
- Works well with deer fencing; popular for chicken coops
- Keeps out small animals (snakes, mice, voles, etc.)
- More affordable than 1/4″ mesh
- Can be buried
- Hot-dip galvanized after welding
- Coated with black PVC
- 20-gauge steel wires before coating, 17-gauge after coating”>
- Estimated life 20-30 years
- Salt spray approved and engineered for soil to fence contact