This 7.3 x 300-foot metal hexagrid deer fence kit yields a reliable, low-visibility deer fence ideal for protecting yards and gardens. Our kits come with everything you need to build this strong and effective deer fence – including a 6-inch bottom fold (to prevent deer from nosing underneath).
This kit includes the following:
- Installation instructions
- Three 8 x 100-foot rolls of metal hexagrid deer fencing
- Twenty-one 1-5/8” round black steel posts with drive sleeves for a 7.5-foot fence
- Twenty-one 1-5/8” black vinyl post caps
- A drive cap for installing drive sleeves
- 200 strong zip-lock fasteners
- 50 white warning banners
- 60 foot-long kinked galvanized ground stakes
NOTE: the fencing’s 8-foot height permits 6 inches to be folded outward toward the deer and staked down with ground stakes, preventing deer from nosing under the fence—thereby blocking their favored route of entry.
- Corner Braces: These protect corners against sideways stress. They consist of earth anchors with attachment wires to be arranged so that no cables hang outside the fence line. Add these to protect against snow loads, falling tree branches, and the weight of the fencing. Recommended for fences over 100 feet long, especially metal hexagrid fences and ones in snow-prone areas. Get 1 per corner, defining a corner as every place where a turn is 45 degrees or more.
- End Braces: These protect ends and gates against sideways stress. Like corner braces, they consist of earth anchors with attachment wires to be arranged so that no cables hang outside the fence line. They should be added to protect against snow loads, falling tree branches, and the weight of the fencing. Recommended for fences over 100 feet long, especially metal hexagrid fences and ones in places with lots of snow. Get 1 per corner and 2 per gate, defining an end as any place where the fence terminates against a building, wall, or other fence.
- Quality Access Gate 3-7 Feet Wide: These gates admit people and small pieces of machinery (mowers, rototillers, etc.) rather than cars or trucks. They come as kits with easy (pictorial) assembly instructions and include their own support posts.
- Quality Driveway Gate 8-14 Feet Wide: These gates have a single door. Designed for admitting vehicles, they come as kits with easy pictorial assembly instructions and include their own support posts.
- Tension/Top Support Wire: Recommended for all metal hexagrid fences. Our black pvc-coated tie wire has a 13.5-gauge steel core. Unlike nylon monofilament line it requires no special terminators or tighteners—because it doesn’t stretch and can be terminated by simply twisting it around itself. We combine it here with strong black zip-tie fasteners, providing 1 fastener per foot of fence.
- Extra Posts: Identical to the posts in the main kit, these provide additional strengthening for fences likely to face repeated snow loads. Together with the posts in the kit and a single gate, they lower the average distance between fence posts to 10 feet.
Dimensions: 7 x 300 feet
Life Expectancy: 20+ years
Fencing: 20 ga. galvanized steel wire woven into a 1-inch mesh and coated with black pvc. Breaking strength 650+ pounds per linear foot.
Posts: Black powder-coated galvanized steel, 1-5/8-inch diameter, 17 ga.
There are no reviews yet.