- Black hardware cloth 4×50 foot roll, galvanized steel wire coated with black PVC (17 gauge after coating). Use this mesh like ordinary hardware cloth, in areas where you wish to keep out really small animals (snakes for example), and in places where you wish to bury the fencing underground.
- Other things being equal, black is the least visible of all colors, so this fencing is less visible than ordinary hardware cloth. The black coating also provides some protection, but the main advantage is low visibility
- The quarter-inch mesh on this fencing is so small that it keeps out really small critters – snakes, baby snakes, young mice, just about anything but earthworms.
- It’s also salt spray approved and engineered for soil contact, so it works well underground. Use it to keep out moles, voles, and other burrowing critters that need confronting anywhere from a few inches to a foot underground.
- Use this black hardware cloth as a rodent barrier at the bottom of deer or other fences protecting gardens or back yards. It’s also useful for blocking off areas under decks or protecting other areas where incursions by very small animals need to be prevented.
- This black hardware cloth 4×50 foot roll is not cheap, so use it for applications where you need a relatively short length of fencing, and be sure that you really need it. Our half-inch welded wire mesh, which comes in hundred-foot rolls, can be used underground too, will keep out most small or burrowing critters, and costs less.
- This quarter-inch fencing consists of 20-gauge steel wires galvanized and coated with black PVC (17 gauge after coating).
- The galvanizing is done after welding (an important feature). Our black hardware cloth 4×50 foot fencing holds up well underground and is rated for up to 30 years of useful life.
Welded Wire Mesh, 4 x 50 Feet, Black 1/4-inch Mesh
- 4 x 50-foot roll of strong welded wire fencing, 1/4″ x 1/4″ mesh
- Works well with deer fencing
- Keeps out small animals (snakes, mice, moles, voles, etc.)
- Can be buried
- Hot-dip galvanized after welding
- Coated with black PVC
- 20-gauge steel wires before coating, 17-gauge after coating”>
- Estimated life 20-30 years
- Salt spray approved and engineered for soil to fence contact