These Poly deer fence kits create reliable 7.5-foot fences. Gates not included. Options include braces, a rodent barrier, a top support wire, and extra posts.
Products included in every 100 feet of each kit:
1) 100 x 8 feet of professional polypropylene deer fencing (Deer 2) to make a 7,5-foot fence with a 6-inch bottom fold.
2) Seven black galvanized steel posts with sleeves for a fence with a finished height of 7.5 feet.
3) Seven 1-5/8″ black vinyl post caps.
4) 8 strong 10″ nylon zip-lock fasteners per post for attaching the fencing.
5) 18+ foot-long kinked galvanized ground stakes to secure the fencing to the ground.
6) 10+ white warning flags to warn the deer away from a new fence at night.
7) Fence installation instructions.
ABOUT OUR GATES, BRACES, AND OPTIONS (Beware, Long Text Below!):
- GATES: No gates are provided with these 7.5-foot poly deer fence kits. Purchase your gates here.
- BRACES: We offer the giant corner and end braces provided by other sellers, but we regard them as expensive, ugly, and time-consuming to install. Earth anchors, as described below, provide much better bracing for deer fences and have none of these drawbacks. If you install them right, you don’t even need to have any attachment cables hanging outside the fence line. And for fences with 4 corners you will save over $300.
- RODENT BARRIER VARIATIONS: We offer our standard rodent barrier (a 2-foot-wide strip of metal fencing with 1-inch mesh) as an option with these kits. Should you want a smaller mesh or larger width, order them separately here. Be sure to get enough additional zip-lock ties (or a hog-ring stapler and staples) to fasten the barrier to the poly fencing. Plan on using about one tie or hog-ring per two square feet of barrier.
- Grades of Poly Fencing: We recommend Deer 1 for short (100 or 200-foot fences) and for longer fences where deer pressure is low. We recommend Deer 2 for longer fences where the deer pressure is significant to high. We recommend Deer 3 only for extreme situations.
- Brace Bands: Install these little round black 1-5/8” steel bands (they come with nuts and bolts) at the tops of our round posts to ensure the fencing will not slide down the posts. Depending on post spacing, put on one band every 15 or 20 feet.
- Top Support Wire: This strong PVC-coated black steel wire improves the look of your fence by straightening the top. It also protects against falling branches. The wire requires brace bands (sold for this kit separately) but comes with other mounting gear (u-bolt terminators for ending runs of wire and zip-ties or a hog ring stapler and staples for joining your fencing to the wire).
- Earth Anchors: RECOMMENDED FOR ALL FENCES OVER 100 FEET LONG. These provide the best and cheapest way of bracing ends and corners. Get 2 anchors per corner and 1 per end (our gates come with their own bracing). Keep attachment cables from hanging outside the fence line. Do this by screwing the anchor in along the fence line, heading from the next to the last post toward the last post, and then securing the attachment wire to the top of the next to the last post. These anchors, which can be added in groups of 4, 8, or 12, come with attachment wire.
- Rodent Barrier: STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for our 7.5-foot poly deer fence kits at any site with rabbits or woodchucks (ground hogs). Without the barrier, these rodents will gnaw small holes in the fencing that deer will then poke their heads into to enlarge and gain entrance to the enclosure. This very common problem is prevented by installing our “rodent barrier,” a narrow strip of metal fencing (galvanized steel, black pvc-coated, 2 feet wide, 18 inches joined to the poly fencing, 6 inches folded out along the bottom), using zip ties or a hog ring stapler.
- Extra Posts: STRONGLY RECOMMENDED for all snow-prone areas. Successive snowstorms can challenge your fence with heavy loads of ice and snow. The best way to protect it against possible collapse is by putting the posts closer together (about 10 feet apart) instead of using the traditional 15-foot spacing. Choosing our “extra posts” option allows you to do that.